Offering a wealth of social work experience
ANN D. SMITH, LCSW, M.ED.
Ann D. Smith is a Pennsylvania-licensed clinical social worker with over 25 years in private practice. She is a member of the National Association of Social Workers and the Academy of Certified Social Workers.
Ann views psychotherapy as a partnership with the client. Goals are set for their work together and strategies are developed to help the client take the insights and skills learned in the counseling sessions and use them in their daily lives. Her role is to empower her clients so they leave the counseling relationship with a new understanding of their behaviors and options for creating a better life.
Ann recognizes the strength that is required to make that initial phone call for counseling and sees that moment as an important first step in feeling better. She understands the uniqueness and significance of everyone’s life story. In addition to her clinical practice, Ann owns Life Stories Remembered, LLC and is a personal historian.
Ann accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield as well as Geisinger/Magellan insurance plans.
For an appointment call 570-288-5168 and request to speak with Ann.
- Born in New York City
- B.A. degree from The City University of New York, Manhattan, New York
- M.Ed. degree from The University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- MSW degree from The Catholic University, Washington, D.C.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and member of The Academy of Certified Social Workers since 1982
Professional employment and publications:
- Associate Director of Special Education, Ivy Mount School, Rockville, Maryland
- Director of Professional Services and Clinical Social Worker, Jewish Family Service, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Owner, Life Stories Remembered, LLC
- -Through her business, Life Stories Remembered,LLC, Ann is a personal historian and combines her interview skills to help people preserve their life stories.
Press releases on Life Stories Remembered, LLC:
- The Times Leader Business, May 25, 2014: “Never too old for success”
- The Times Leader, September 14, 2008 “Therapist preserves family memories with recorded stories”
- The Citizens Voice, May 18, 2008, “Preserving a life story”
- Luzerne County Historical Society, Summer 2008, “Life Stories Remembered”
- Independent NEPA publication, 2008, “Life Stories Remembered”